REGULAR RUBBER BELL BOOTS
Protection against over reaching and forging.
Will not attract stickers or trap burs and grass.
* Strong pliant rubber
* 360 degree wrap
* Covers entire coronet
* SOLD IN PAIRS
* Sturdy leather hook, loop closure
NO RETURN ON EQUISTRIAN ITEMS
SIZES: SM, MED, LG, XL
The Bell Boots are designed for overreach protection and are contoured to the horse's foot to minimize spinning. Made of heavy-duty PVC compound, the boots are several times more durable than rubber boots, resisting rips and tears. The double-locking hook and loop closures hold boot securely in place.
HOW TO SIZE YOUR BELL BOOTS
HERE IS THE RULE OF THUMB:
* HORSE SHOE SIZE 00-0 = SMALL bell boot size
* HORSE SHOE SIZE 1 = MED bell boot size
* HORSE SHOE SIZE 2-3 = LARGE bell boot size
WHAT IS THE HORSE SHOE SIZE?
HERE IS A GUIDE TO GO BY
* SIZE 00-0 = horse hoof width 3-4.5" / Length 4-5 inches
* SIZE 1 = horse hoof width 5 1/4" / Length 5 5/8"
* SIZE 2-3 = horse hoof width 5 5/8"-6" / Length 6 -7"
correctly-sized bell boot should just touch the ground behind the bulbs of the heel while the horse is standing. The mouth of the bell boot should be just loose enough to fit a finger or two between it and the horse's pastern.
WHAT ARE BELL BOOTS FOR?
* Bell boots are usually worn to prevent overreaching
(when the horse "grabs" his front heels with the toes of his back feet, resulting in injury).
* Bell boots are occasionally worn when shipping a horse, if the bandages or boots used do not provide protection to the heel region, or if a horse tends to pull his front shoes by stepping on them with his back feet.
* Bell boots are also sometimes used when the horse is turned out, for extra protection or to help prevent him from accidentally pulling a shoe if he is especially exuberant while playing.